Being experts in the affordable housing field is the easy part. Giving people hope and helping them rebuild their lives is what makes us unique. As the “Go To Resource” for information on domestic violence and permanent housing, we understand the needs of all those we serve – and the importance of giving hope.
Nicole Branca, Executive Director
Ms. Branca joined New Destiny in August 2020. Prior to this, Ms. Branca was Associate Commissioner, Community Services, at the NYC Department of Veterans’ Services (DVS), where she led the effort to end veteran homelessness in NYC and establishing the New York City Department of Veterans’ Services (DVS).
At DVS, Nicole developed a three-pronged program model to help homeless veterans find and maintain affordable housing, as well as a new rental subsidy program for disconnected veterans, co-administered with the NYC Housing Authority. She also co-chaired the citywide Veterans Task Force, a committee of government and nonprofit partners working together to make veteran homelessness rare, brief and non-reoccurring.
Before joining DVS, Nicole was Deputy Executive Director at the Supportive Housing Network of New York where she led a myriad of advocacy and systems improvements efforts to expand resources and expedite the creation of supportive housing across the state. During this time, Nicole co-chaired the NYC Continuum of Care (CoC), overseeing $100 million in federal homeless housing funding. She also spearheaded several strategic initiatives that allowed the CoC to meet federal regulations and increase homeless housing funding for NYC.
Nicole is a proud AmeriCorps alumna. She received her Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Babson College and her MPA from Columbia University’s School of International and Public Affairs (SIPA).
Board of Directors
- Jessie M. Gabriel , Chair
- Nora E. Levinson, Vice-Chair
- Rachel E. Miller, Treasurer
New York City Administration for Children’s Services
- Paula M. Sarro, Secretary
- Nicole Firment, 2nd Vice-Chair
- Charles E. McLean, Jr., Assistant Secretary
- Lane Addonizio
Central Park Conservancy
- Elaine Calos
- Gina Doynow
- Erin Galligan
Bank of America Merrill Lynch
- Mark Jacobson
- Vaughn Burke Le Duc Safarov
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom
- Blanca Ramirez
Hudson Housing Capital
- Hadrian A. Tucker
State Bank of India
- Jason Vazquez
Sterling National Bank
- Nicole Branca, Executive Director
- Brenda Tong, Deputy Executive Director
- Richard Conley, Senior Director of Real Estate
- Joseph Kazinduka, Chief Financial Officer
- Diane P. Adler, Director, Development and Communications
- Joan Beck, Director, Housing Development
- Alyssa Keil, Director, Housing Access and Stability
- Isa Martinez, Regional Director, Bronx, Residential Services
- Molly Olsen, Regional Director, Brooklyn and Queens, Residential Services