New Destiny’s mission is to end the cycle of violence for low-income families and individuals experiencing homelessness and domestic violence by connecting them to safe, permanent housing and services. To achieve its mission, New Destiny builds and manages housing with on-site services; offers innovative programs that assist survivors in finding and retaining affordable housing and expands access to permanent housing resources for survivors.
New Destiny is seeking to hire a full-time Case Manager to provide regular on-site services at the Anderson. This building is a 40-unit, service-enriched permanent and affordable housing development, with 20 units set aside for domestic violence survivors, in the Highbridge section of the Bronx. The Case Manager will work closely with the Tenant Support Coordinator to maintain and grow a robust program to focus on fostering family stability by connecting families to resources; maintaining a violence-free environment and helping children thrive emotionally, physically, and academically.
This is a full-time position requiring one late night a week (e.g., 11:00 am to 7:00 pm) and occasional weekend hours. The Case Manager will report directly to the Tenant Support Coordinator.
Case Management Responsibilities:
- Provide comprehensive case management services to a caseload of 15-18 tenants, including counseling services, crisis intervention, and other appropriate supportive services.
- Develop programming and activities in collaboration with the Tenant Support Coordinator and the families.
- Work with tenants on caseload to create and implement annual wellness plans in order to meet individual goals.
- Conduct annual assessments with tenants to assess stability and ongoing social service needs.
- Plan and implement age-appropriate therapeutic activities for children.
- Research, organize and implement afterschool programming and occasional weekend activities.
- Build connections in the community and provide referrals to stabilizing community programming, including recreational activities, mental health services, physical health services, employment enhancement services, etc.
- Work with families to follow-up with schools, clinics, and other providers where appropriate.
- Contribute to the program database of borough-specific and city-wide educational and recreational programs.
- Maintain a strong relationship with New Destiny Housing’s Housing Stability Services team members who are providing Health and Wellness and Financial Coaching on-site to tenants. This includes following up with referrals and assisting with connection to services.
- Attend weekly supervision meetings with the Tenant Support Coordinator.
- Enter all tenant contacts and group work into ECM on a regular basis.
- Collect and maintain information on children and families (report cards, skills evaluation, surveys, etc.).
- Conduct monthly meetings and case conferences with Family Support Program staff.
- Maintain up-to-date case files and ensure all data is inputted into the case management database.
- Contribute to the development of best practices for the Family Support Program.
- Work with volunteers and interns to enrich youth and family events.
- Other duties as assigned by Tenant Support Coordinator.
- Bachelor’s degree required. A BSW or BA/S in the areas of Psychology, Sociology, Early Education preferred.
- A minimum of 2 to 4 years of direct service experience preferred.
- Knowledge and experience assisting individuals to access resources in the areas of housing stability, health & mental health, and food security.
- Proven track record in engaging children and adults who have experienced homelessness and domestic violence preferred.
- Ability to be empathetic, creative, and resourceful. Experience with trauma-informed care preferred.
- The ideal candidate is a person who is highly organized, flexible, and resourceful.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, computer literacy and sound judgment.
- Bilingual Spanish/English strongly preferred.
New Destiny is committed to the safety of all employees, tenants and clients within our organization and programs. In accordance with New York City’s vaccine mandate for the City workforce and employees of organizations with human services contracts, this position requires candidates to provide proof of being fully vaccinated or evidence of starting the process of becoming fully vaccinated before beginning their employment. This organization will consider accommodation for bona fide medical or a sincerely held religious, moral, or ethical belief.
New Destiny is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, and/or transgender, domestic violence survivors and people who have experienced housing instability are encouraged to apply.
Salary: $48,000. Competitive benefits.
Email resume and cover letter to New Destiny at email@example.com, including “Case Manager” in the subject line.