New Destiny is seeking full-time Front Door Monitors for two supportive affordable housing buildings in the Bronx and Brookyn. The Front Door Monitor is responsible for maintaining the safety and well-being of the tenants, staff, and of the assigned building. The Front Door Monitor will work as part of the Family Support Program team which provides on-site support services for tenants and with the on-site superintendent. The Front Door Monitor is expected to use his/her judgment to determine the most appropriate course of action for a given situation. The Front Door Monitor reports directly to the Program Director or Tenant Support Coordinator. The Front Door Monitor is required to work Tuesdays through Thursdays from 5:00 pm to 12:00 am and Fridays and Saturday from 6:00 pm to 1:00 am.
New Destiny is committed to the safety of all employees and clients within our organization and programs. In accordance with New York City’s vaccine mandate for the City workforce and employees of organizations with human services contracts, this position requires candidates to provide proof of being fully vaccinated or evidence of starting the process of becoming fully vaccinated before beginning their employment. This organization will consider accommodations for bona fide medical or a sincerely held religious, moral, or ethical belief.
Front Door Monitor Responsibilities:
- Maintain the security of the building and its immediate surroundings (e.g., front steps, backyard) by monitoring and, if appropriate, reporting suspicious or unusual activity to the Regional Director and/or the police, if necessary.
- Patrol interior hallways and exterior of building once per hour. These rounds must be documented in the Building’s Logbook.
- Document all incidents on the New Destiny Housing Corporation Incident Report Form, document incident in the Building’s Logbook and contact the Program Director or Tenant Support Coordinator and Regional Director to report any incident.
- Monitor the CCTV system to observe suspicious activity either inside or outside of the building and take necessary action.
- In case of emergency, contact either the police or fire department depending on the circumstances.
- Call the Regional Director to report incidents that require police contact before calling the police if possible or immediately after calling the police if an emergency occurs.
- Communicate with staff on duty about any situations requiring attention.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Minimum – High School Diploma or G.E.D with at least 1 year of security guard experience in a residential setting.
- Security Guard License is required.
- Fire Guard Certificate is required.
- Additional requirements include computer proficiency, and strong writing and communication skills. CPR certification is a plus.
Excellent benefits. Please email resume and a detailed cover letter to New Destiny at email@example.com with “Front Door Monitor” in the subject line.