New Destiny’s Housing Access team provides housing search and placement support to survivors of domestic violence through two HUD-funded rapid-rehousing programs. In collaboration with the NYC Family Justice Centers, which are located in all five boroughs, the Housing Access team connects survivors with apartments across New York City. New Destiny’s Housing Access staff also provide skill-building workshops and technical assistance to domestic violence survivors and their advocates to overcome obstacles related to finding and maintaining safe permanent housing and to increase their knowledge of housing resources.
New Destiny seeks a Landlord Engagement Associate to support the Landlord Engagement Manager in managing and expanding landlord, broker and property management relationships. The Landlord Engagement Associate will play a key role in the expanding Housing Access team, generating housing opportunities to meet colleagues’ caseload needs. This position reports directly to the Landlord Engagement Manager.
- Support expansion of a consistent pipeline of units by contributing to mass outreach communication strategies to landlords and real estate professionals, collecting and maintaining data on available housing opportunities, and liaising with government agencies on pending placements.
- Schedule viewings and coordinate with Housing Access colleagues to match viewings with interested and eligible individuals.
- Follow-up with landlords expeditiously to address any potential obstacles to the leasing process.
- Advocate for survivors to ensure applications are reviewed fairly and in a timely manner, particularly regarding issues related to experience of domestic and gender-based violence. Provide guidance to housing coordinators to ensure advocacy letters are drafted appropriately when necessary.
- Using a combination of collected data and firsthand experience, provide feedback to the Landlord Engagement Manager and Director of Housing Access on observed trends.
- Ensure print and digital marketing and presentation materials used for landlord engagement are up-to-date and accurate. Enter data related to vacancies and placements in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with housing coordinators to conduct inspections and support delivery of leasing cost payments to landlords to minimize lag time in the leasing process
- Other responsibilities as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- 1-3 years’ work experience in affordable housing, housing services or similar role is required. Personal lived experience navigating these systems will be considered equivalent to this work experience.
- Familiarity with rental subsidies and leasing guidelines for affordable housing and private market units is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
New Destiny is an equal opportunity employer. Survivors of domestic violence and people who have experienced housing instability are encouraged to apply. The salary range for this position is $55,000 – $60,000. Excellent benefits. A hybrid model allowing for work from home days will be available for this position.
Email resume and cover letter to New Destiny at email@example.com, including “Landlord Engagement Associate” in the subject line.