Directly reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Manager of Financial Reporting and Analysis will implement and support all financial reporting management policies and procedures of the fiscal department. The Financial Reporting and Analysis Manager will supervise the Staff Accountant position. Experience in grants management as it relates to compliance and reporting on government, foundation, and corporate grants, including GAAP. Familiar with OMB single audit (A-133) requirements and procedures. Proficient in Fund EZ accounting software and Microsoft Office. Must be well organized, detail-oriented, with good communication skills and able to operate well and independently under pressure. Experience with real estate and affordable housing accounting is a plus. A team player with strong Interpersonal skills. Ability to meet deadlines while working on various projects simultaneously and often with multiple interruptions. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance with a minimum of 5 years accounting experience, including 3+ years of nonprofit required experience. Master’s degree preferred.
RESPONSIBILITIES & BASELINE OUTCOME MEASURES
1) Financial Reporting and Analysis Management:
- Coordinate the monthly close process, deliver monthly reports and analyses on a departmental and organization-wide basis of financial position, P&L, variance reports, cash flow projections, revenues, and other financial information on a timely basis.
- Provide financial oversight and monitoring of revenues and expenditures related to the contracts/grants.
- Review monthly general ledger account activity to ensure accuracy and timeliness of data reporting.
- Payroll preparation oversight and approval.
- Oversee expenses cost allocations employee salaries source of funding schedules.
- Work closely with the CFO and program directors to track and analyze grant expenditures vs. budget
- Assist other programs/departments in meeting reporting requirements, preparing, and providing fiscal reports for funding sources
- Prepare and review vouchers to ensure that all expenses incurred are necessary, reasonable, and allowable in accordance with the contract and fiscal regulations
- Ensure timely processing, submission, and collection of grant receivables/vouchers
- Work collaboratively with other fiscal department staff to accomplish department goals.
- Supervise a Staff Accountant.
- Coordinate with other departments on new grant/contract setup.
- Coordinate with program directors, other staff and on progress reports and closeouts.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to provide anticipated expenditure reimbursement data requests.
- Participate in the preparation of audit schedules and support the audit process, including consolidation of affiliates in collaboration with Tax Credit Finance Manager.
- Perform tasks and responsibilities in a thorough and timely manner in compliance with organization policy and standards as well as best finance/accounting practices.
2) Perform other tasks that may be assigned by the Chief Financial Officer.
- 5-7 years overall work experience
- Prior experience in financial reporting and analysis with a nonprofit organization
- Significant analytical and financial analysis experience including ingesting and analyzing large amounts of data
- Ability to take ownership of financial reporting and analytical tasks and see them through from conception to completion in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills, including creating and delivering executive-level presentations
- Ability to work cross functionally, managing many stakeholders and building relationships throughout the organization
- Experience in government and non-government grants billing and reporting
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented work style
- Extremely organized with the ability to prioritize activities, manage timelines, and deal effectively with pressure
- Prior experience with financial systems such as Fund EZ
- A good understanding of the low-income housing
- Experience with intercompany accounting and reconciliations
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance
Other Qualities and Attributes:
- Ability to build and maintain open and effective line of communication with supervisor.
- Ability to organize resources and establish priorities that are consistent with department goals.
- Commitment to the organization’s policy of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
New Destiny is committed to the safety of all employees and clients within our organization and programs. In accordance with New York City’s vaccine mandate for the City workforce and employees of organizations with human services contracts, this position requires candidates to provide proof of being fully vaccinated or evidence of starting the process of becoming fully vaccinated before beginning their employment. This organization will consider accommodation for bona fide medical or a sincerely held religious, moral, or ethical belief.
New Destiny is an equal opportunity employer. Survivors of domestic violence and people who have experienced housing instability are encouraged to apply.
New Destiny has a hybrid work model. Benefits are competitive. This is a full-time professional position.
Salary range: $75,000 to $80,000 depending on training and experience.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, including “Manager of Financial Reporting & Analysis” in the subject line.