New Destiny’s mission is to end the cycle of domestic violence and homelessness for low-income families and individuals by developing and connecting them to safe, permanent, affordable housing and services. To achieve its mission, New Destiny builds and manages housing with on-site services; offers innovative programs that assist survivors in finding and retaining affordable housing; and works to expand access to permanent housing resources for survivors. New Destiny is the largest provider of supportive housing for domestic violence survivors in New York and is a leading advocate in the effort to obtain the resources needed to end family homelessness in New York City.
The Office Manager is responsible for ensuring that New Destiny’s main office and its remote sites operate efficiently and effectively. This position is responsible for ensuring that office equipment and work environments are safe, secure, and well-maintained and that staff has the supplies and equipment needed to carry out their functions. The Office Manager is the liaison between the organization and the IT vendor— ensuring that the computer equipment is operating well, the organization’s network is protected, and acts as the primary point of contact with all other office-related vendors. This is a full-time position reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
Duties and responsibilities
Maintain Office and Equipment
- Ensure safe, comfortable, and well-functioning office environments, including managing office upkeep, A/C, heat, water, functioning Wi-Fi, etc.
- Manage all equipment and office furniture, including maintaining a current inventory, purchasing new equipment and furniture, managing vendor contracts, and obtaining new vendors as needed.
- Ensure that license agreements are in force and that software support is available.
- Oversee the contract for office cleaning at the Manhattan office and ensure that the office is well- maintained.
- Arrange for window cleaning annually.
- Arrange for shredding of documents and files on an as-needed basis.
- Encourage office staff to practice office policies by the established standards and procedures, for example (garbage p/u, bathroom and kitchen etiquette, small and large conference room maintenance, closing/locking office and elevators door, shutting off lights, etc.)
Order Supplies and Monitor Inventory
- Ensure that Manhattan and satellite offices have adequate furniture, equipment, and office supplies, and that office and cleaning supplies are organized in supply cabinets.
- Order new letterhead stationery with updated Board annually.
- Research supplier options to ensure that New Destiny is obtaining the lowest reasonable prices.
- Act as liaison between New Destiny and the IT vendor, by reporting, following up on problems, and planning with the vendor for special projects
- Monitor the performance of the IT vendor and report concerns or issues to CFO
- Assist staff in troubleshooting computer problems
- Arrange for new staff to be set up on the server, computer, and telephone
- Answer phone/voicemails and respond to the reception area.
- Provide basic information to people seeking information about housing.
- Direct visitors to appropriate staff.
- Assist with meetings and set-up as needed.
- Sort and distribute mail.
- Provide Administrative Support.
- Assist in financial activities such as generating payment requests for the Fiscal Team to process invoices.
- Prepare deposit and cash receipt forms for deposit in the bank.
- Work with the executive assistant to provide any additional assistance with typing, copying, and other clerical support to executive staff as needed.
- Assist with large mailings or funding applications on an as-needed basis.
- Register staff for conferences and events and manage subscriptions and memberships for the organization.
- Oversee and track the use of the Company Credit Card, ensuring that invoices are collected, and costs documented.
- Assist HR with onboarding and offboarding as necessary, including providing office keys to new staff and collecting keys from staff separating from the company.
- Lead or assist in reserving space, ordering food, etc. for special meetings/events.
Other functions as appropriate
- A.A. or B.A. degree required
- At least 5 years’ experience as an office manager or administrative assistant
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, computers, office machines and technology
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be highly organized and able to multi-task
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Flexibility, patience, and ability to deal with a wide variety of personalities necessary
$57K – $62K per year with competitive benefits and a hybrid work schedule. This is a full-time position with a benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short disability, PTO paid holidays and 401(k). EOE.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org, placing “Office Manager” in the Subject Line of your e-mail.
New Destiny is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity. Survivors of domestic violence and people who have experienced housing instability are encouraged to apply.