New Destiny’s mission is to end the cycle of domestic violence and homelessness for low-income families and individuals by developing and connecting them to safe, permanent, affordable housing and services. To achieve its mission, New Destiny builds and manages housing with on-site services; offers innovative programs that assist survivors in finding and retaining affordable housing; and works to expand access to permanent housing resources for survivors. New Destiny is the largest provider of supportive housing for domestic violence survivors in New York and is a leading advocate in the effort to obtain the resources needed to end family homelessness in New York City.
The Program Director is to provide regular on-site services at Highgarden Tower in New Rochelle. This building consists of 219 units in total. There are 77 units that are set aside for domestic violence survivors, this building will provide service-enriched permanent and affordable housing. The successful candidate will be a creative, resourceful, and a well-organized professional who is comfortable working independently and has a solid, strong commitment to helping previously homeless and very low-income households remain stable permanent housing while developing plans for achieving greater economic security.
The ideal candidate for the position will be innovative and passionate about improving the lives of domestic violence survivors and their children. They will be responsible for overseeing the strategy, planning, and implementation of developing a strong team of case managers to work within the program. They will lead the team of Case Managers and ensure successful onboarding of clinical and community resources into the building. This position reports directly to the Bronx Regional Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
Tenant Engagement and Community Organizing
- Build a team to actively engage tenants to participate in program services and activities.
- Foster tenant interaction and build community within the building. In doing so, develop and implement workshops that reflect the interests of tenants.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to plan enriching activities for children and adults.
- Maintain transparency with tenants regarding expectations, requirements and provide support as needed.
- Ensure all case records are accurate, comprehensive, and up to date for all tenants to meet the organization’s Quality Assurance standards as well as the standards of the funder.
Supervision of Case Management Services
- Develop and lead a team of case managers to support tenants moving into the new building.
- Collaborate with existing Family Support Program staff to learn/share best practices and partners.
- Work with the Bronx Regional Director, Westchester Continuum of Care (CoC), and property management to ensure tenants in the new building move in within forecasted time frames and within the scope of the project budget.
- Ensure team is working to mitigate rental arrears and collaborate with third party property managers to resolve tenant issues.
- Provide leadership, coaching, performance evaluations, staff education, and ongoing staff training.
- Maintain a strong relationship with New Destiny Housing’s Housing Stability Services team members who are providing Health and Wellness and Financial Coaching on-site to tenants. This includes following up with referrals and assisting with connection to services.
- Work closely with other FSP staff and leadership to seek and share resources and best practices in working with DV survivors.
- Strong administrative abilities and attention to detail. Ability to adjust to the diverse needs of clients.
- Ensure outcomes are met for both funding expectations and internal goals.
- Conduct internal monitoring and data analysis regularly.
- Manage internal reporting and reporting to Bronx Regional Director, Deputy Executive Director, and Executive Director as well as third party reporting.
- Manage and maintain relationship with property management.
- Master’s Degree in psychology, social work, or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in a client-facing, nonprofit organization.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of supervisory experience in a social service setting.
- Familiarity working with survivors of domestic violence and/or homelessness.
- Must be responsible, flexible, a self-starter, able to work independently and respond appropriately to crises.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with trauma-informed care.
- Strong preference for Spanish fluency.
- Comprehensive knowledge of benefits, entitlements and services offered in New Rochelle, Westchester.
$75,000 per year with competitive benefits. This is a full-time position with a benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short disability, PTO paid holidays and 401(k). EOE.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, placing “Program Director” in the subject line of your e-mail.
New Destiny is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity. Survivors of domestic violence and people who have experienced housing instability are encouraged to apply.