New Destiny’s mission is to end the cycle of domestic violence and homelessness for low-income families and individuals by developing and connecting them to safe, permanent, affordable housing and services. To achieve its mission, New Destiny builds and manages housing with on-site services; offers innovative programs that assist survivors in finding and retaining affordable housing; and works to expand access to permanent housing resources for survivors. New Destiny is the largest provider of supportive housing for domestic violence survivors in New York and is a leading advocate in the effort to obtain the resources needed to end family homelessness in New York City.
New Destiny is seeking to hire a full-time Senior Case Manager to provide regular on-site services at Raven Hall apartments. This building is a 216-unit, service-enriched permanent and affordable housing development, with 77 units set aside for domestic violence survivors, in the Coney Island section of Brooklyn. The Senior Case Manager will work within a team led by the Program Director to maintain and grow a robust program to focus on fostering family stability by connecting families to resources; maintaining a violence-free environment and helping children thrive emotionally, physically, and academically. This is a full-time position requiring one late night a week (e.g., 11:00 am to 7:00 pm) and occasional weekend hours. The Senior Case Manager will report directly to the Program Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
Case Management Responsibilities:
- Provide comprehensive case management services to a caseload of 20-25 tenants, including counseling services, crisis intervention, and other appropriate supportive services.
- Develop programming and activities in collaboration with the Program Director and the families.
- Work with tenants on caseload to create and implement annual wellness plans in order to meet individual goals.
- Conduct annual assessments with tenants to assess stability and ongoing social service needs.
- Plan and implement age-appropriate therapeutic activities for children and adults.
- Assist with training, coaching, and supporting team of case managers on subjects such as benefits and entitlements, housing resources and arrears prevention, and any other subject as directed by the Program Director.
- Research, organize and implement afterschool programming and occasional weekend activities.
- Build connections in the community and provide referrals to stabilizing community programming, including recreational activities, mental health services, physical health services, employment enhancement services, etc.
- Work with families to follow-up with schools, clinics, and other providers where appropriate.
- Contribute to the program database of borough-specific and city-wide educational and recreational programs.
- Attend weekly supervision meetings with the Program Director.
- Prepare monthly reports on program activities including the type of activity and participation rate.
- Collect and maintain information on children and families (report cards, skills evaluation, surveys, etc.).
- Conduct monthly meetings and case conferences with Family Support Program staff.
- Maintain up-to-date case files and ensure all data is inputted into the case management database.
- Contribute to the development of best practices for the Family Support Program.
- Work with volunteers and interns to enrich youth and family events.
- Other duties as assigned by Program Director.
- Bachelor’s degree required. A BSW or BA/S in the areas of Psychology, Sociology, Early Education preferred.
- A minimum of 2 to 4 years of direct service experience preferred.
- Knowledge and experience assisting individuals to access resources in the areas of housing stability, health & mental health, and food security.
- Proven track record in engaging children and adults who have experienced homelessness and domestic violence preferred.
- Ability to be empathetic, creative, and resourceful. Experience with trauma-informed care preferred.
- Ideal candidate is a person who is highly organized, flexible, and resourceful.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, computer literacy and sound judgment.
- Bilingual Spanish/English strongly preferred.
Salary is $54,000. This is a full-time position with a benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short disability, PTO paid holidays and 401(k). EOE.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, placing “Senior Case Manager” in the Subject Line of your e-mail.
New Destiny is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity. Survivors of domestic violence and people who have experienced housing instability are encouraged to apply.