New Destiny’s mission is to end the cycle of domestic violence and homelessness for low-income families and individuals by developing and connecting them to safe, permanent, affordable housing and services. To achieve its mission, New Destiny builds and manages housing with on-site services; offers innovative programs that assist survivors in finding and retaining affordable housing; and works to expand access to permanent housing resources for survivors. New Destiny is the largest provider of supportive housing for domestic violence survivors in New York and is a leading advocate in the effort to obtain the resources needed to end family homelessness in New York City.
New Destiny’s mission is to end the cycle of violence for low-income families and individuals experiencing homelessness and domestic violence by connecting them to safe, permanent housing and services. To achieve its mission, New Destiny builds and manages housing with on-site services; offers innovative programs that assist survivors in finding and retaining affordable housing and expands access to permanent housing resources for survivors.
Housing Stability Services is a new unit born out of the recognition that securing permanent housing is the first goal but maintaining housing and thriving is equally as important. The households placed in permanent housing by New Destiny’s rapid rehousing program, HousingLink, or into New Destiny’s supportive and affordable buildings, would benefit from additional resources to: (1) strengthen their ability to access housing; (2) help sustain their housing security and (3) create pathways to long term stability and growth.
New Destiny Housing is seeking a Senior Resource Coordinator to join the Housing Stability Services team and provide team supervision and exemplary case management for our HousingLink clients. The qualified candidate will report directly to the Director of Housing Stability Services and have the following responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities
New Destiny Housing is seeking a Senior Resource Coordinator to join the Housing Stability Services team and provide supportive services and manage referrals for HousingLink clients. The qualified candidate will report directly to the Director of Housing Stability Services and have the following responsibilities:
- Supervise team of Resource Coordinators, including regular individual and group supervision meetings.
- Provide onboarding and training to Resource Coordinators, support onboarding of other Housing Access and Stability Services staff.
- Ensure adequate coverage is provided for Resource Coordinators’ caseloads and other responsibilities during time off and vacancy periods.
- Conduct needs assessment for clients referred by Housing Access team who are seeking supportive services and aftercare. Manage internal referrals to Resource Coordinators and conduct case conferences with colleagues as appropriate. In coordination with Housing Access staff, assist participants utilizing rental assistance in determining the type and amount of rental assistance needed to support the transition to permanent housing.
- Prepare monthly rental assistance payments as well as payment requests for other supportive services such as childcare, vocational/educational training, and mental health services in accordance with funding guidelines and internal protocols. Conduct ongoing monthly check-ins with placed individuals to help them remain stably housed.
- Work with participants to adjust rental assistance as needed based on changes in income, unexpected or emergency expenses, etc.
- Act as the liaison among participants, landlords, and other applicable groups (government agencies, community-based organizations, etc.) after placement
- Assist participants in identifying supports or programs that can aid them increasing their financial security, and make referrals to said organizations
- Assist participants with safety transfers or refer back to HousingLink to seek new housing if it becomes unsafe for the clients to remain in unit
- Work with Director of Housing Stability Services and Data and Evaluation staff to ensure that monthly reports accurately monitor progress of individual staff and overall program goals.
- Maintain data integrity by inputting and updating participant information, such as assessments, case notes, and demographic data, to the database in real time.
- Independently review internal progress reports to determine personal progress toward annual goals.
- Escalate cases to supervisor and/or FJC partner staff when needed to ensure client needs are met
- Ensure client-facing materials supporting housing stability are current, and work with supervisor to identify additional tools and resources to support participants and coordinators alike.
- Facilitate workshops and orientations alongside Housing Access and Stability Services colleagues to meet the needs of participants and partner agencies.
- Maintain and establish new relationships with other community-based organizations and manage flow of outgoing referrals alongside supervisor
- Have at least (3+ years) experience working in the fields of domestic violence or related social services and bachelor’s degree in social work or related field. Lived experience with domestic violence and/or housing insecurity will be considered equally to professional and educational experience.
- Have at least one year of supervisory experience.
- Have professional proficiency in one of the ten designated citywide languages (strong preference).
- Be responsible, flexible, a self-starter and able to work independently.
- Be an excellent oral and written communicator.
- Have experience in interacting with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Working knowledge on the availability and means to access public benefits, primarily housing subsidies and public assistance.
- Be comfortable traveling within NYC as needed to provide support to clients and HousingLink activities.
Starting salary is in the range of low to mid $60s with competitive benefits. This position is a hybrid model allowing for work from home days will be available for this position; in-office days may be at an office in Brooklyn or the Bronx. This is a full-time position with a benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short disability, PTO paid holidays and 401(k). EOE
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, placing “Senior Resource Coordinator” in the Subject Line of your e-mail.
New Destiny is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity. Survivors of domestic violence and people who have experienced housing instability are encouraged to apply.