New Destiny is seeking a full-time Tenant Support Coordinator to provide on-site services at The Anderson, a 40-unit supportive, permanent affordable housing development in the Highbridge section of the Bronx. The successful candidate is a creative, resourceful, and organized professional who is comfortable working independently and who has a strong commitment to helping formerly homeless domestic violence survivors, and low-income households to remain stable in permanent housing while developing plans for achieving greater economic security. They will be responsible for the provision of social services in the building, supervising staff and liaising with property management.
This position requires working one weekday night (e.g., 11AM to 7PM), occasionally on a Saturday or Sunday for special events and reports directly to the Bronx Regional Director.
Tenant Engagement and Community Organizing
- Actively engages tenants to participate in program services and activities.
- Fosters tenant interaction and builds community within the building community.
- Develops and implements workshops that reflect the interests of tenants.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to plan enriching activities for children and adults.
- Maintains transparency with tenants regarding expectations, requirements and provides support as needed.
- Create and implement a Tenant Advisory Council ongoing meeting at the site on a regular basis with the purpose of creating a safe space to share ideas, foster tenant interaction, and build community.
Case Management Services
- Develops annual service goals and reviews safety plans with tenants.
- Maintains a caseload of 15-20 tenants.
- Assists tenants with applying for and maintaining housing subsidies and other benefits.
- Provides counseling to tenants as appropriate on issues such as: safety planning, parenting, and job or educational advancement.
- In conjunction with the Property Manager, engages and assists tenants who are in arrears or at risk of becoming housing unstable.
- Works collaboratively with the Case Manager to engage tenants and their children in need of additional support.
- Maintains a strong relationship with New Destiny Housing’s Housing Stability Services team members who are providing Health and Wellness and Financial Coaching on-site to tenants. This includes following up with referrals and assisting with connection to services.
- Develops strong relationships with appropriate medical and mental health providers, job readiness/training and educational and recreational services in the neighborhood to connect tenants and their families to ongoing community support.
- Works collaboratively with the Financial and Health and Wellness Coaches to share resources and information as well as refer to coaching services and programming.
- Uploads monthly data into ECM and monitors site progress. Verifies data integrity entered by Case Manager.
- On a monthly basis, reviewing ECM entries for site and confirming that site meets monthly program goals.
- Works with Bronx Regional Director and Data & Evaluation Manager to identify trends in program needs or gaps in services.
- Conducts bi-weekly supervision with Case Manager and Front Door Monitor.
- Attends bi-weekly supervision with the Bronx Regional Director.
- Other duties as directed
- Master’s Degree in psychology, social work, or related field.
- A minimum of 4 years’ work experience in a client-facing, nonprofit organization.
- Familiarity working with survivors of domestic violence and/or homelessness.
- Must be responsible, flexible, a self-starter, able to work independently and respond appropriately to crises.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Preferred candidates will have:
- Comprehensive knowledge of benefits, entitlements and services offered in NYC.
- Experience with Trauma-Informed Care and Motivational Interviewing.
New Destiny is committed to the safety of all employees, tenants and clients within our organization and programs. In accordance with New York City’s vaccine mandate for the City workforce and employees of organizations with human services contracts, this position requires candidates to provide proof of being fully vaccinated or evidence of starting the process of becoming fully vaccinated before beginning their employment. This organization will consider accommodation for bona fide medical or a sincerely held religious, moral, or ethical belief.
New Destiny is an equal opportunity employer. Survivors of domestic violence and people who have experienced housing instability are encouraged to apply.
Email resume and cover letter to New Destiny at email@example.com. Include “Tenant Support Coordinator” in the subject line.