New Destiny’s mission is to end the cycle of domestic violence and homelessness for low-income families and individuals by developing and connecting them to safe, permanent, affordable housing and services. To achieve its mission, New Destiny builds and manages housing with on-site services; offers innovative programs that assist survivors in finding and retaining affordable housing; and works to expand access to permanent housing resources for survivors. New Destiny is the largest provider of supportive housing for domestic violence survivors in New York and is a leading advocate in the effort to obtain the resources needed to end family homelessness in New York City.
The Tenant Support Coordinator is to provide on-site services at Marcello Manor, a 38-unit supportive, permanently affordable housing development in the University Heights section of the Bronx. The successful candidate will need to be a creative, resourceful, and organized professional who is comfortable working independently and has a solid, strong commitment to helping domestic violence survivors, previously homeless, and very low-income households to remain stable in permanent housing while developing plans for achieving greater economic security. The ideal candidate for the position will be innovative and passionate about improving the lives of domestic violence survivors and their children. They will be responsible for overseeing the daily programming, supervising a Case Manager, and Front Door Monitor. This position requires working one weekday night (e.g., 11AM to 7PM), occasionally on a Saturday or Sunday for special events, and reporting directly to the Bronx Regional Director.
Duties and Responsibilities
Tenant Engagement and Community Organizing
- Actively engages tenants to participate in program services and activities.
- Fosters tenant interaction and builds community within the building community.
- Develops and implements workshops that reflect the interests of tenants.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to plan enriching activities for children and adults.
- Maintains transparency with tenants regarding expectations and requirements and provides support as needed.
Case Management Services
- Maintain a caseload of 15-20 tenants.
- Develop annual service goals and review safety plans with tenants.
- Assist tenants with applying for and maintaining housing subsidies and other benefits.
- Provide counseling to tenants as appropriate on issues such as: safety planning, parenting, and budgeting.
- Engage and assist tenants who are in arrears or at risk of becoming housing unstable along aside the Property Manager.
- Work collaboratively with the Case Manager to engage tenants and their children in need of additional support.
- evelop strong relationships with appropriate medical and mental health providers, job readiness/training and placement programs, and educational and recreation programs.
- Provide referrals and linkages to appropriate services for tenants in need of support.
- Collaborate with New Destiny’s Housing Stability Services team to integrate financial, health, and wellness coaches into our program services.
- Prepare monthly reports on program activities, services provided, and individual outcomes.
- Maintain program data integrity by inputting client information on a weekly basis.
- Work with Bronx Regional Director and Data & Evaluation Manager to identify trends in program needs or gaps in services.
- Conduct bi-weekly supervision with Case Manager and Front Door Monitor.
- Attend bi-weekly supervision with the Bronx Regional Director.
- Attend internal & external meetings, as needed.
- Other duties as directed
- Master’s Degree in psychology, social work, or a related field.
- A minimum of 4 years of work experience in a client-facing, nonprofit organization.
- Familiarity working with survivors of domestic violence and/or homelessness.
- Must be responsible, flexible, a self-starter, able to work independently, and respond appropriately in crises.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of benefits, entitlements, and services offered in NYC.
- Experience with Trauma-Informed Care and Motivational Interviewing.
$61,500 year with competitive benefits. This is a full-time position with a benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short disability, PTO paid holidays and 401(k). EOE
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, placing “Tenant Support Coordinator” in the Subject Line of your e-mail.
New Destiny is committed to the safety of all employees and clients within our organization and programs. In accordance with New York City’s vaccine mandate for the City workforce and employees of organizations with human services contracts, this position requires candidates to provide proof of being fully vaccinated or evidence of starting the process of becoming fully vaccinated before beginning their employment. This organization will consider accommodation for bona fide medical or sincerely held religious, moral, or ethical beliefs.
New Destiny is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity. Survivors of domestic violence and people who have experienced housing instability are encouraged to apply.