Positions are posted until filled.
Housing Coordinator — HousingLink
New Destiny is seeking a Housing Coordinator to join the HousingLink team. The qualified candidate will report directly to the Assistant Director of HousingLink and have the following responsibilities:
Housing & Financial Counseling
- Meet with survivors who are clients at the Family Justice Centers in one-on-one meetings to conduct case assessments and provide housing consults around permanent housing options, including eligibility for various affordable housing programs.
- Maintain transparency with program participants and referring agencies through regular updates and communication. A Housing Coordinator will have an average caseload of 30 active individuals at different stages in the process, requiring different levels of active communication.
- Based on safety, income, and housing history assessments, help participants to determine which housing option(s) is most suitable for them and their family.
- Review credit reports and background checks focused on credit, housing, and criminal history, and collaborate with participants to track spending, improve cash flow, and create and adhere to budgets.
- Produce participants with financial summaries that include projected annual income, average monthly cash flow and budget, and debt payment and debt to income ratio information.
Placement & Aftercare
- Match appropriate applicants to available affordable housing units, sets up application submission, interviews and apartment viewings.
- Act as the liaison among participants, landlords, and other applicable groups (shelters, government agencies, etc.) throughout the placement and lease signing process.
- In accordance with internal policy, assist participants in determining the type and amount of financial assistance needed to support the transition to permanent housing.
- Complete monthly check-ins with placed individuals to help them to remain stably housed.
- Provide referrals and linkages to case management and other services for individuals who need support due to rent arrears or safety concerns.
Data Management & Analysis
- Maintain HousingLink data integrity by inputting and updating participant information, such as assessments, case notes, and demographic data, to the HousingLink database in real time.
- Independently review internal progress reports to determine personal progress toward annual goals.
Family Justice Centers/Program Partner Relationships
- Coordinate with FJC staff on client eligibility for permanent housing and support a referral system for channeling FJC clients to HousingLink staff.
- Actively network with FJC staff to maintain active referral flow and provide support when needed.
- Conduct case conferences with HousingLink Director and supportive FJC staff, as needed.
- Help maintain and establish new relationships with other community-based organizations.
- Travel between multiple sites on a set schedule and build and maintain positive relationships at each site.
The ideal candidate will be:
- An experienced (3+ years) professional working in the fields of domestic violence, affordable housing, or financial literacy or coaching.
- Fluent in Spanish, Mandarin or Cantonese, or Arabic.
- Highly proficient in reading personal finance documents and utilizing excel to analyze them.
- Able to turn raw data into meaningful narratives and programmatic recommendations.
- Responsible, flexible, a self-starter and able to work independently.
- Comfortable traveling between multiple offices or sites.
- An excellent oral and written communicator.
- Experienced in interacting with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Familiar with New York City and state housing subsidies (CityFHEPS and FHEPS A/B).
- Excited about using and analyzing data to consistently improve the HousingLink program.
New Destiny is an equal opportunity employer. People of color and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
Email resume and cover letter to New Destiny at firstname.lastname@example.org including “HousingLink Housing Coordinator” in the subject line.
Senior Human Resource Specialist
A direct report to the CFO, the Senior Human Resource Specialist will support and implement all HR policies and procedures of New Destiny, in coordination with the PEO and New Destiny executive leadership. In this role the Senior HR Specialist will recommend and facilitate trainings and policies that develop and support a diverse and inclusive culture at New Destiny. Experience working with a PEO, Fund EZ financial management software as well as knowledge of preparing grants billing reports or vouchers (AR) is a plus in this role.
Must be well organized, flexible, and detail-oriented, with good verbal and written communication skills. The ideal candidate will be a team player with strong interpersonal skills, able to work well under pressure to meet deadlines while simultaneously working on multiple projects and often with multiple interruptions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Human Resource and Administration
- Primary contact with Paychex PEO on all Payroll, Benefits and HR related matters.
- Maintain department electronic and hardcopy records and reports including employees’ confidential personnel files.
- Stay current and ensure compliance with city, state, and federal labor laws and requirements.
- Oversee administrative aspects of hiring, onboarding and departure/termination of employees including management of all associated paperwork.
- Maintain and update records of personnel transactions such as new hires, benefit enrolments, performance reviews, terminations and related statistics for report and ensure records are accurate and current.
- Track time and leave for employees and ensure accuracy of staff accrual usage and balances.
- Manage evaluate and administer benefits packages and work with the PEO to complete annual enrollment.
- Prepare NDHC payroll worksheet for all its employees and submit to Paychex PEO on time for PR process ensuring all payroll deductions and allocations are correct and updated.
- Develop, analyze, and update New Destiny’s performance evaluation process, and create a user-friendly evaluation process or template.
- Develop, revise, and recommend personnel policies and procedures.
- Oversee recruitment efforts for all personnel, include writing, and placing job ads, conducting phone screening interviews.
- Interpret and explain HR policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations and distribute critical benefits reports and updates.
- Confer with the ED, CFO, and other executive staff to develop or implement personnel policies or procedures.
- Review employment applications and job orders to match applicants with job requirements.
- Oversee New Destiny’s recruitment, interviewing, selection, and hiring processes.
- Conduct reference or background checks of job applicants.
- Address employee relations issues, such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other employee concerns.
- Maintain current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Conduct exit interviews and ensure that necessary employment termination paperwork is completed.
- Assist other programs/departments in meeting reporting requirements, preparing and providing documents for funding sources.
- Prepare information for the annual audit, including schedules, respond and provide related support/documentation requested prior to and during audit period on time as requested.
- Perform tasks and responsibilities in a thorough and timely manner in compliance with organization policies, standards, and practices.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the CFO such as but not limited to preparing and submitting grants billing reports or vouchers.
Other Qualities and Attributes
- Ability to build and always maintain open and effective line of communication with the supervisor.
- Ability to organize resources and establish priorities that are consistent with organization’s goals.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Ability to multitask while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to keep confidentiality associated with your HR position.
- Ability to perform tasks and responsibilities in a thorough and timely manner in compliance with organization policies and standards.
- Ability to foster a culture of diversity, inclusivity, collaboration, and teamwork.
- Bachelor’s degree minimum in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field with at least 3-5 years of HR, PR and Benefits administration which includes nonprofit experience, or satisfactory comparable experience and training – required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite – required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills – required.
- Knowledge of a broad range of human resource strategies and practices, including compensation, performance management, safety, hiring and employee relations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Fund EZ financial software a plus.
New Destiny is an equal opportunity employer. People of color and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are strongly encouraged to apply. Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits.
Email resume and cover letter to New Destiny at email@example.com including “Senior Human Resource Specialist” in the subject line.
Case Manager — Brooklyn
New Destiny is seeking to hire a Case Manager who will be based on-site at one of New Destiny’s service-enriched affordable properties in the Brooklyn. The Case Manager will be part of New Destiny’s Family Support Program team and will collaborate with the Tenant Support Coordinator to maintain and grow a robust program at the designated site in support of program and individual goals: fostering family stability by connecting families to resources; maintaining a violence- free environment; and helping children thrive emotionally, physically, and academically.
This is a full-time position requiring one late night a week (e.g., 11:00 am to 7:00 pm) and occasional weekend hours. The Case Manager reports directly to the Tenant Support Coordinator.
Case Management Responsibilities
- Develop children’s programming in collaboration with the Tenant Support Coordinator and the families.
- Provide supportive counseling (one-on-one, group and for families) and parent workshops.
- Work with families to create and implement annual service plans.
- At minimum, conduct annual assessments with tenants on the following areas: education, safety, income and housing stability.
- Plan and implement age-appropriate therapeutic activities for children.
- Research, organize and implement afterschool and occasional weekend activities.
- Build connections in the community and provide referrals to parenting and counseling groups, and to recreational and educational programs.
- Work with families to follow-up with schools, clinics and other providers where appropriate.
- Contribute to the program database of borough- specific and city wide educational and recreational programs.
- Attend weekly supervision meetings with the Tenant Support Coordinator.
- Prepare monthly reports on program activities including the type of activity and participation rate.
- Collect and maintain information on children and families (report cards, skills evaluation, surveys).
- Conduct monthly case conferences with Family Support Program staff.
- Maintain up-to-date case files and ensure all data is inputted into the case management database.
- Contribute to the development of best practices for the Family Support Program.
- Work with volunteers and Interns to enrich youth and family events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. A BSW or BA/S in the areas of Psychology, Sociology, Early Education preferred.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of direct client service required.
- Knowledge and experience assisting clients access resources in the areas of housing stability, health & mental health and food security.
- Proven track record in engaging children and adults who have experienced homelessness and domestic violence.
- Ability to be empathetic, creative and resourceful. Experience with trauma-informed care preferred.
- Ideal candidate is a person who is highly organized, flexible and resourceful.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, computer literacy and sound judgment.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits. Email resume and cover letter to New Destiny at Resumes@NewDestinyHousing.org. Include Case Manager in the subject line.