Front Door Monitor — Bronx
New Destiny is seeking a full-time Front Door Monitor for a service-enriched affordable housing building in the Bronx. The Front Door Monitor is responsible for maintaining the safety and well-being of the tenants, staff and physical plant of the assigned building. The Front Door Monitor will work as part of the Family Support Program team which provides on-site support services for tenants and with the on-site superintendent. The Front Door Monitor is expected to use his/her judgment to determine the most appropriate course of action for a given situation.
The Front Door Monitor reports directly to the Tenant Support Coordinator.
The Front Door Monitor is required to work Tuesdays through Thursdays from 5:00 pm to 12:00 am and Fridays and Saturday from 6:00 pm to 1:00 am.
- Maintain the security of the building and its immediate surroundings (e.g., front steps, backyard) by monitoring and, if appropriate, reporting suspicious or unusual activity to the Housing Services Director and/or the police, if necessary.
- Patrol interior hallways and exterior of building once per hour. These rounds must be documented in the Building Log Book.
- Document all incidents on the New Destiny Housing Corporation Incident Report Form and the Building Log Book and contact the Tenant Support Coordinator and Housing Services Director to report any incident.
- Monitor the CCTV system to observe suspicious activity either inside or outside of the building and take necessary action.
- In case of emergency, contact either the police or fire department depending on the circumstances.
- Call the Housing Services Director to report incidents that require police contact before calling the police if possible or immediately after calling the police if an emergency situation.
- Communicate with staff on duty about any situations requiring attention.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Minimum – High School Diploma or G.E.D with at least 1 year of security guard experience in a residential setting.
- • Security Guard License is required.
- Additional requirements include computer proficiency, and strong writing and communication skills. CPR and Fire Guard a plus.
Excellent benefits. Please email resume and a detailed cover letter to New Destiny at firstname.lastname@example.org with Front Door Monitor in the subject line.
Case Manager — Bronx
New Destiny is seeking to hire a Case Manager who will be based on-site at one of New Destiny’s service-enriched affordable properties in the Bronx. The Case Manager will be part of New Destiny’s Family Support Program team and will collaborate with the Tenant Support Coordinator to maintain and grow a robust program at the designated site in support of program and individual goals: fostering family stability by connecting families to resources; maintaining a violence- free environment; and helping children thrive emotionally, physically, and academically.
This is a full-time position requiring one late night a week (e.g., 11:00 am to 7:00 pm) and occasional weekend hours. The Case Manager reports directly to the Tenant Support Coordinator.
Case Management Responsibilities
- Develop children’s programming in collaboration with the Tenant Support Coordinator and the families.
- Provide supportive counseling (one-on-one, group and for families) and parent workshops.
- Work with families to create and implement annual service plans.
- At minimum, conduct annual assessments with tenants on the following areas: education, safety, income and housing stability.
- Plan and implement age-appropriate therapeutic activities for children.
- Research, organize and implement afterschool and occasional weekend activities.
- Build connections in the community and provide referrals to parenting and counseling groups, and to recreational and educational programs.
- Work with families to follow-up with schools, clinics and other providers where appropriate.
- Contribute to the program database of borough- specific and city wide educational and recreational programs.
- Attend weekly supervision meetings with the Tenant Support Coordinator.
- Prepare monthly reports on program activities including the type of activity and participation rate.
- Collect and maintain information on children and families (report cards, skills evaluation, surveys).
- Conduct monthly case conferences with Family Support Program staff.
- Maintain up-to-date case files and ensure all data is inputted into the case management database.
- Contribute to the development of best practices for the Family Support Program.
- Work with volunteers and Interns to enrich youth and family events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. A BSW or BA/S in the areas of Psychology, Sociology, Early Education preferred.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of direct client service required.
- Knowledge and experience assisting clients access resources in the areas of housing stability, health & mental health and food security.
- Proven track record in engaging children and adults who have experienced homelessness and domestic violence.
- Ability to be empathetic, creative and resourceful. Experience with trauma-informed care preferred.
- Ideal candidate is a person who is highly organized, flexible and resourceful.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, computer literacy and sound judgment.
Salary commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits. Email resume and cover letter to New Destiny at Resumes@NewDestinyHousing.org. Include Case Manager in the subject line.