This is a new position to support a rapidly growing organization. In addition to executive administrative support, the Executive Assistant will be responsible for special projects and play an integral role in project managing inter-departmental work. This position reports directly to the Executive Director and will provide additional administrative support to the Board of Directors and Executive Management Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing the Executive Director’s calendar and phone messages, scheduling meetings and triaging calls and requests to staff as appropriate.
- Sending emails, letters and other communication both directly and on behalf of the Executive Director, to Board members, staff, and organizational partners.
- Participating as an adjunct member of the Executive Team, assisting in scheduling meetings, coordinating agendas, taking minutes and managing key follow-up items.
- Researching and preparing briefing materials for a variety of meetings and presentations.
- Managing internal and external requests, especially requests for approval/signature.
- Supporting the Executive Director in work with coalitions in which she holds a leadership position including scheduling, meeting prep, follow-up, etc.
- Managing individual contact information and contact lists.
- Managing timesheets and leave requests on behalf of the Executive Director.
- Providing administrative support as needed for travel and claims.
- Working closely with New Destiny’s Office Manager to develop, recommend, and implement office procedures and systems to help ensure smooth office operations and providing back up support for each other as needed.
- Establishing and maintaining a shared electronic filing system for executive management documents.
- Providing scheduling and administrative support to other members of the Executive Team for large meetings, special events, etc.
- Conducting special projects assigned by the Executive Director, prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously and following through on issues in a timely manner.
- Managing inter-agency projects, initiatives, and events.
The Executive Assistant will provide administrative support for the Board of Directors, both for the New Destiny Housing Corporation, as well as its affiliate boards and partnership entities. This includes:
- Providing support to the Board of Directors in their governance role.
- Maintaining Board resolutions, minutes, board packet files.
- Scheduling and organizing all board and committee meetings/calls.
- Taking attendance and minutes for all meetings.
- Developing an annual Board and committee meetings schedule and organizing new Board member orientations as needed.
- Coordinating with staff and Board members as needed to develop and update Board-related materials.
Bachelor’s degree preferred with a minimum of 3-5 years of administrative experience. Experience working as an assistant to senior nonprofit executives preferred. Other qualifications include:
- Outstanding judgement and discretion, particularly pertaining to confidential information.
- Ability to develop, manage, and execute projects on schedule with minimal oversight, prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and work within tight deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills, experience with document sharing, maintaining document file systems, and navigating online submission processes and protocols.
- Ability to maintain positive relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be mission-driven and committed to work in an organization that prioritizes diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Have exceptional attention to detail with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Teams, SharePoint, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
New Destiny is committed to the safety of all employees and clients within our organization and programs. In accordance with New York City’s vaccine mandate for the City workforce and employees of organizations with human services contracts, this position requires candidates to provide proof of being fully vaccinated or evidence of starting the process of becoming fully vaccinated before beginning their employment. This organization will consider accommodation for bona fide medical or a sincerely held religious, moral, or ethical belief.
Salary range: $57,000 to $62,000 per year with competitive benefits and a hybrid work schedule.
New Destiny is an equal opportunity employer. Survivors of domestic violence and people who have experienced housing instability are encouraged to apply.
To apply, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Put “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.