What should I do if my Section 8 voucher is expiring?

If your section 8 is scheduled to expire soon you must apply for an extension with the agency that granted you the voucher before the voucher expires so you will not lose the assistance. To request an extension with HPD you will need to complete this Request for Voucher Extension Form and return it to staff at 100 Gold Street. Tenants requesting extensions should be able to document their search for housing, any obstacles they have encountered, disabilities they have or other restrictions making the housing search more difficult. To request an extension with NYCHA visit the customer contact center. NYCHA limits voucher extensions to persons with disabilities who need an extension as a reasonable accommodation.

Comments are closed.