New Destiny’s mission to end the cycle of domestic violence and homelessness for low-income families and individuals by developing and connecting them to safe, permanent, affordable housing and services. To achieve its mission, New Destiny builds and manages housing with on-site services; offers innovative programs that assist survivors in finding and retaining affordable housing; and works to expand access to permanent housing resources for survivors. New Destiny is the largest provider of supportive housing for domestic violence survivors in New York and is a leading advocate in the effort to obtain the resources needed to end family homelessness in New York City.
The Front Door Monitor is responsible for maintaining the safety and well-being of the tenants, staff, and of the assigned building. The Front Door Monitor will work as part of the Family Support Program team which provides on-site support services for tenants and with the on-site superintendent. The Front Door Monitor is expected to use his/her judgment to determine the most appropriate course of action for a given situation. The Font Desk Monitor reports directly to the Program Director or Tenant Support Coordinator. The Front Door Monitor is required to work Tuesdays through Thursdays from 5:00 pm to 12:00 am and Fridays and Saturdays from 6:00 pm to 1:00 am.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the security of the building and its immediate surroundings (e.g., front steps, backyard) by monitoring and, if appropriate, reporting suspicious or unusual activity to the Regional Director and/or the police, if necessary.
- Patrol interior hallways and exterior of the building once per hour. These rounds must be documented in the Building’s Logbook.
- Document all incidents on the New Destiny Housing Corporation Incident Report Form, document the incident in the Building’s Logbook, and contact the Program Director or Tenant Support Coordinator and Regional Director to report any incident.
- Monitor the CCTV system to observe suspicious activity either inside or outside of the building and take necessary action.
- In case of emergency, contact either the police or fire department depending on the circumstances.
- Call the Regional Director to report incidents that require police contact before calling the police if possible or immediately after calling the police if an emergency occurs.
- Communicate with staff on duty about any situations requiring attention.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Minimum – High School Diploma or G.E.D with at least 1 year of security guard experience in a residential setting.
$33,000 year with competitive benefits. This is a full-time position with a benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short disability, PTO paid holidays and 401(k). EOE.
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, placing “Front Door Monitor” in the subject line of your e-mail.
New Destiny is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity. Survivors of domestic violence and people who have experienced housing instability are encouraged to apply.